Sunday, July 8, 2007

Kyla has Arrived!





We are beyond proud and happy to welcome Kyla to our family!

I have a very cute baby waiting for me, so here is the quick story. . .

On Monday, July 2, I woke up at 438am to make another run to the bathroom when my water broke. Ken and I, who were immediately wide awake, called the doctor and headed to the hospital. Everything was going good with both Kyla and I, so they scheduled a C-section for 100pm that afternoon. I was just under 36 weeks, so they had an emergency team ready to whisk her off if needed. The C-section went well, and she was demonstrating that her lungs were great within a few seconds. She was born at 111pm and weighed in at 5 lbs 8 oz and was 18" long. Other than a couple of hours under a warming lamp (yes, she is my daughter), she is healthy and perfect as can be with us as her parents and stayed in my room with Ken and me for the 4 days in the hospital. We came home on Friday and all of us are doing great, and while she has my size right now, she most definitely shares Ken's appetite!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

She's beautiful! Welcome to the world (not to mention the blogging world), Kyla.

Terry B. said...

She's beautiful now and what a head full of beautiful hair! Welcome Kyla and if you need help breaking in mom/dad, just call! Take care and bless you all!

LisaShawn said...

Congrats, Holly! She looks so small! Lisa Hogan