Friday, June 23, 2017

2017 USATF Ohio Junior Olympic Championships


Sort of ready to compete. I was having really bad stomach cramps.
I only cleared 2'5" in high jump because my side hurt so bad that I had to pull out. I somehow still pulled off a bronze. I went to the medic, drank a ton of water, took a nap, and then I felt good enough to compete in my other two events.
Yes, that is my javelin in between the trees. I set a PR of 58'8.25" which ranks me 36th in the country for this year.
Getting the gold medal from the USATF official who also happens to be one of my coaches, Coach James Perry. The silver went to someone who threw 43'.
 I am a Junior Olympics Gold Medalist and the Ohio Champion in javelin!
 On to shot put. I'm throwing, but you can barely see me.
 I threw 16'11.25" to win my second gold. 2nd place threw 16'6". I am ranked 60th in the country in shot put.

I won 2 gold medals and a bronze & now have the state championship in both javelin and shot put. I also broke my team's record in javelin! Mom finds it amazing, because less than 2 months ago, I didn't even know what a javelin was.
 I got 2 of these golds.
 And a bronze.
I even made the front page of the local paper and got equal billing to the USAF Thunderbirds!

No comments: