So this was the biggest XC meet in the state. There were over 2000 runners from over 100 schools. There was an Open B, Open A, Varsity B, Varsity A, and Champion race. I was our only JV runner who ran, so the coach put me in the Varsity A group with our varsity team which was way too fast for me, but he asked if I could hang on to the tail end of the pack and not finish too far back. I knew my competitive streak would not let me finish last. Well, I did it! I set a new PR of 27:17.1 and finished 216/222. This was a 30 second improvement over my best time ever and it was a tough course. I was the only girl on the team to get a PR, and the coach was super happy he let me run.
I was so happy. Toughest race in the state, and I finished 773/903 girls that ran. Considering where I started, this was a huge accomplishment.
The best part of the race was that if you got a PR, you got to go to the top of a hill, and ring a gong! It was awesome!
Oh, and our Governor Mike DeWine was at the race and cheering on all the kids. Of course, I was in the bathroom. Lol. He is super nice, but he is only 5'0" tall. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment