First heptathlon and only 2nd time doing hurdles ever! It was raining really hard.
I was still smiling at the end though. I got 21.94 and 161 points
On to my very first time high jumping. I was nervous, but cleared 3'11.25" and earned 312 points
On to shot put, which is usually a strong point, but not my best day throwing. I threw 24'3.5" and earned 361 points
With Riley Meador and Claire Downer. . .our two 13/14 pentathletes
Then it was the 200m in driving rain and wind. I went 32.75 and earned 307 points.
Ugh. . .long jump. I got 2 fouls, so just got one jump in and it was my worst jump in 3 years at 11'10.5". I still earned 225 points.
At least javelin was a highlight. I threw 73'11" and scored 336 points/
The final event was the one I dreaded the most. . .the 800m. After 6 events, I finished in 3:04.95 which was a PR for me.
First ever heptathlon complete. I was the only one competing, but I earned the over 2000pts needed to qualify for nationals with a final score of 2023.
Then it was on to the individual events. I ran straight from the 800 to shot put, and just did standing throws, because my legs were like wet noodles. I only threw 24'2.25" for 9th place out of the 9 qualifiers. It is my least favorite event.
With Sarah Price.
Yes, munching between throws
On to javelin. . .I threw 78'5" and won the regional championship for the 4th time!!
With my teammate Sarah who took 2nd.
On to triple jump, and I just couldn't get my steps, but I finished 2nd with a jump of 27'6.5"
Discus was at least run fairly this weekend, and I placed 5th with a throw of 89'4". For doing this as my 11th event in 48 hours, I was not upset.
I qualified to nationals in heptathlon, javelin, discus, and triple jump
The face of a thrower. Lol
No comments:
Post a Comment