Part of my team, Northwest track. A lot were missing because of the holiday week.
Six of our 12 coaches including dad.
Heading to Olivet Michigan for Regionals
Ready to kick off the day with Gabby Jones & Jennell Horn. The competition included the top 6 in each event from Great Lakes, Michigan, Ohio, West Virginia, and Kentucky.
With Coach Derrick.
Imitating discus, shot put, and javelin.
Mom's favorite picture from the weekend
Not my best day in javelin, but I placed 3rd with a throw of 55'7"
Hamming it up, because parents were not allowed to take video or pictures during the competition
Sarah Price, Gabby Jones, and me
I'm wearing a 4th place medal, but I placed 3rd according the the final meet results.
Sarah placed 2nd (58'6"), Gabby placed 6th (46'4"), and I placed 3rd (55'7")
Shot put finalists. I made the finals, but didn't qualify for Nationals in it. You needed to place in the top 5. I placed 8th with a throw of 19'6.25". Gabby won regionals (29'9.25"), Jennell took 3rd(27'9.5"), and Sarah took 6th (21'4.75").
With our day 1 medals: Gabby 1st in Shot put, Sarah 2nd in Javelin, Jennell 3rd in Shot put, and me 3rd in Javelin.
Jennell, Gabby, Alyia, and me. Throwers who play together qualify for Nationals together.
Alyia Roberts(she is a year older and qualified in javelin), me, Gabby, Sarah, and Jennell.
With Coach Dad. All 5 of us made Nationals in a total of 9 events. We dominated regionals!
Meet Loftus, our throwing chicken. Got a lot of strange looks, but when we did so well, everyone wanted one.
Throwing discus.
Getting my 5th place medal in discus
Kyla Bedel(5th--51'8"), Jennell Horn(4th--54'4"), Sarah Price(3rd--56'1"), Gabby Jones(2nd--58'4")
Ready to head to Nationals!
Thanks Olivet College!
No comments:
Post a Comment