Tuesday, April 20, 2021

Wayne Invitational

The Wayne MS Invitational is considered the toughest meet of the year outside of state. It was also ridiculously cold and snowing by the end.
I jumped a PR of 13'8" followed by a PR of 13'9"! The put me in 3rd place out of 22 of the best long jumpers in the area. 


We then had to DRIVE to shot put because it was .5 miles away from the track. 
I threw 28'10.5" which placed me 3rd out of  26 girls.
We made it to discus and it was 34 degrees and snowing.
With a frozen, wet discus, I still pulled off 73'11" and a silver medal out of 22 throwers.




Our team placed 6th, but we were missing a number of our key people.


I was the only athlete at the meet to place in 3 events, and the only girl to get a 2nd place.
Pretty proud of my custom hardware!
 

No comments: