Sunday, February 4, 2007

Ken and Shopping


Well, I guess it's my turn to write this week's installment:

Although I usually like going shopping as much as the proverbial root canal, I am getting fairly comfortable going with Holly for maternity clothes and for the most part, I've been able to hold a straight face when she tries on some of those flowery, bow-laden tops. One time I even picked out an outfit Holly actually approved of!!! (Note: this is coming from the guy that can manage to mismatch a shirt with blue jeans)

The fun side of shopping is going to the mega-baby stores (not meaning stores for mega-babies... we're definitely hoping for one on the small side, especially considering our rather obvious size difference) At any rate, we usually skim by the aisles of bottles, diapers, formula, and other boring things we have no clue about and go straight for the TOYS! There is just so much cool stuff for the wee-one-to-be. We can easily burn a few hours playing with all that stuff. We figure we won't ever need to get any of it, we'll just bring the kid with us and play right there in the store. I'm sure there will be more to come on that strategy...

No comments: